· When running an operating system inside Parallel Desktops, installing certain software can break the network connection. The fix described below is for Parallels Desktop for Mac running Windows XP. Since there are multiple ways to set up networking in Parallels, this may not apply to …
· Bridged mode is used when you want your VM to establish direct connection with your Mac network card. In Bridged mode your VM will look like a standalone PC on the network. And last but not least is Host only mode. Host-Only network is a closed network that is accessible only to Mac OS X and Windows.
· By default, Desktop location is /Users/your username/Desktop where /your username/ is the name of your Mac user account (e.g. /Users/John/Desktop). The same applies to the Downloads folder that is usually /Users/your username/Downloads .
· Scenario 2: You have Parallels Desktop on your Mac, and you want to add a Windows 10 VM.. Adding Windows 10 as an additional VM in Parallels Desktop is also easy. To start the process, either choose “New…” in the File menu of Parallels Desktop, or click on the “+” sign in the top right corner of the Control Center window.
· To restart Windows 10, just click the Parallels Windows 10 icon on the desktop or the Dock. Finally, you can install Parallels Toolbox, either for the Mac or for Windows.
· I use Parallels Desktop ver 15 to use both the Windows and OS systems and it was working until I updated my Microsoft user id and password. Now I receive a frozen screen print of a Network Erro when Windows 10 attempts to open. It reads. Windows cannot access \\Mac\Home\Desktop. Check the spelling of the name.
· The mac can see the PC and connect to it, but from the PC side the mac is invisible. Notes: I have a windows 10 laptop connected to the same network as my office Mac. I have file sharing enabled on both devices and am able to see & connect to the laptop's shared folders/files from the mac without any trouble. I can see the mac and access ...
· Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection for Mac 10.5.1 Connect to Windows-based PCs to access Windows-based files, applications, devices, and networks from your Mac. Download
· Even if Bridged > WiFi is selected in VM configuration your Windows virtual machine will only show a LAN icon not a WiFi. This is because your virtual machine is not going to use the network adapter on your Mac instead it will use the virtual network adapter provided by Parallels Desktop.
Nothing is as hard to do as getting off your high horse.