· If your mouse moves in the virtual machine but the mouse clicks are not being recognized, see Mouse clicks are not recognized in a VMware Fusion virtual machine (2010041). If you are using a wireless mouse or keyboard, ensure that you have not connected it to the virtual machine.
· This article details the general steps to follow to troubleshoot a malfunctioning mouse and/or keyboard in a hosted (VMware Workstation, ACE, Player, or Server) virtual machine. The listed steps are appropriate for all cases, and the articles in the Additional Information section provide resolutions for specific cases.
My guest operating system is Windows 10. I have the latest version of Fusion 11.1 installed on the host (MacBook Pro) and VMWare Tools installed on Windows 10. My problem is that inside the guest operating system the mouse pointer disappears from view. If I right click the mouse the menu comes up, so I can tell that the mouse is working.
· I am running Win 10 pro on vmware fusion 10 hosted by mac pro mid 2010 on High Sierra. I'm noticing a similar problem where the keyboard works fine within the virtual machine but the mouse disappears when working inside the console session from within the vm client. I cannot select or click anything. This only happens with vmware tools installed.
· Console Mouse Not Working in Windows VMs I recently ran into some problems while deploying a Windows Server 2012 R2 VM in my vSphere 6.5 U2 lab. I’ve come to expect that the console mouse response is going to be terrible until VMware Tools is installed, but for some odd reason I had no mouse control whatsoever.
Grab keyboard and mouse input on key press: Virtual machines grab keyboard and mouse input the first time you press a key when the cursor is in the virtual machine window. When this setting is selected, you cannot use the normal application and system accelerator key sequences when the virtual machine display is active.
· Mouse does not work in Windows: troubleshooting mouse issues; Available Translations: Get updates Download; Symptoms. Mouse cursor does not automatically get captured when moving over virtual machine window. Cause. One of the probable reasons for this problem is that the Smart Mouse option is set to "Optimize for games". It is the very feature ...
· The VMWare Fusion Send Keys menu doesn't seem to have anything to help Linux? I'm better at using Windows without a mouse than Linux. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix the mouse using the keyboard to open Terminal and install the updated tools package? Mac Pro OS X 10.5.7 Thanks! Darrell. San Diego, California
· FYI: This tip doesn’t work in Fusion v2.0 – v2.03 (latest version as of this writing on Apr 6, 2009), if you have any key mappings that target a VM shortcut using the Control key. Similarly shift-click doesn’t work if you use a key mapping using the Shift key.
· Mouse is not properly (or entirely) functioning in virtual machine: #112939 Mouse and keyboard drivers in Windows Virtual Machine #112076 Mouse synchronization does not work between Mac OS and Virtual Machine. Third-party mouse drivers' related issues: #5853 Problem with Logitech keyboard and mouse after Parallels Desktop upgrade
Doing you best is more important than being the best.