· MPLS VPN over mGRE Cisco IOS XE Release 3.1S This feature provides support to carry MPLS Layer 3 VPN traffic over mGRE. The following commands were introduced or modified by this feature: l3vpn encapsulation ip, protocol gre, show l3vpn encapsulation ip, transport ipv4, set ip next ...
· Restrictions for MPLS VPN over mGRE • MPLS VPN over mGRE is supported on the Cisco 7600 series routers using the ES-40 line card and the SIP 400 line card as core facing cards. • Tunnelled tag traffic must enter the router through a line card that supports MPLS VPN over mGRE. • Each PE router supports one tunnel configuration only.
I got the following answer from Cisco PDI: "Technically, you can only run MPLS over MPLS if the provider is offering Inter-AS option C or CsC services. What most customers end up doing is running MPLSoGRE where the tunnels are dynamically instantiated under an mGRE interface. The provider MPLS VPN only sees IP packets from the CE which is ...
Dear All. I'm forever posting questions and cries for help, but this time I have a discovery I'd like to share - MPLS VPN over mGRE. The challenge was that we have 4 remote sites
Looking for a little assistance troubleshooting MPLS vpn over MGRE. I cannot share configs or topology as it is confidential information. I can't even remove the config from site. I have MPLS VPN over mGRE running in a lab environment at work. I have 2 routers configured for MPLS VPN. I am learning the routes via the tunnel on both end.
· Symptom: MPLS VPN over mGRE routing fails if the PE device is reloaded or restored after power failure. Conditions: The symptom is observed with "aaa system accounting" configured and when the TACACS server is not reachable.
I'm looking at implementing an MPLS VPN over mGRE solution to facilitate routing instance segregation across multiple, geographically separate sites, across a third party Layer 3 infrastructure. (12.2SRE for 7200, IOS-XE 3 for ASR1k and looks to be coming into ISR G2 in 15.1T.)
· > Subject: Re: [c-nsp] MPLS VPN over mGRE > > The type of MPLS VPN over mGRE that we're using doesn't use a > preconfigured > tunnel interface or NHRP. As I understand it, the peers share > tunnel-related information in vpnv4 updates using a SAFI of 64. This tells > the other peers that those prefixes are related to the mgre tunnel and that
· More than five years after the MPLS/VPN-in-mGRE encapsulation was standardized (add a few more years for the work-in-progress and IETF draft stages), it finally debuted in a mainstream-wannabe IOS release running on ISR routers (15.1(2)T), making it usable for the enterprise WAN designers, who are probably its best target audience. I was writing about the two conflicting MPLS/VPN over mGRE ...
· IPv4 multicast over an MPLS VPN using mGRE I've wanted to sort out multicast forwarding over an MPLS VPN for some time — while most institutions at the University of Cambridge don't have multicast-enabled networks, it seems a loose end that might prevent take up of the service.
There are many ways of going forward, but there is only one way of standing still.